Here's where you'll find the latest career opportunities at Atomic Crayon. We are always looking for qualified individuals and encourage applications even if you don't see a position listed in your field.
Atomic Crayon is currently seeking the following outstanding individuals eager to join our team of talented web professionals. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Full-Stack Web Developer
Atomic Crayon is an award-winning website design and development company in downtown beautiful Victoria, BC. For more than 20 years, we have been dedicated to providing outstanding web products and customer service to small, medium, and large organizations throughout Western Canada.
We primarily serve municipal (and other government) organizations. The websites and web services we create represent an extremely important channel through which our clients interact with, and provide services to, their constituents. Our deliverables also play a significant role in how our client communities are represented and promoted. We take great pride in our role and responsibility providing this work.
Our team has an immediate opening for a full-time, permanent full-stack web developer (emphasis on front-end). You will work as part of a small team to translate designs into robust web code for client websites, to integrate that code into our in-house web content management system, and to maintain and improve that webCMS.
If this sounds perfect for you, if you have a strong attention to detail, and if you enjoy working as an integral part of a small team, then we want to hear from you!
- The distribution of front-end to back-end tasks will be about 50/50
- Integrate front-end code into our proprietary web content management system web application for client websites
- Develop new website modules for client websites / our webCMS
- Develop new core features and improvements for our webCMS
- Write unit and integration test scripts
- Test, QA and debug new development
- Write and maintain high-quality code via distributed version control system (e.g. Mercurial)
- Track and communicate bugs, features, and dev progress (e.g. via Pivotal)
- Troubleshoot issues raised by users, PMs, and QA testers
- Research and plan technology solutions for new product requirements to help inform scope details
- Anticipate real-world challenges not explicitly covered by the design and formulate code solutions to address those challenges proactively
- Stay up-to-date on web standards, usability, accessibility and development best practices
- Estimate work required (and assess risks) for new features and projects
- Write/contribute to online user guides
- Optionally, may also include occasional client training
- If you don’t fully meet the requirements below but are eager to learn the rest, please apply!
- Minimum of 4-5 years practical web development experience:
- Developing code (and fallbacks) for all major common browsers, OSes, and devices — Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Windows, macOS, iOS, iPadOS, Android
- Developing database-driven web applications
- Good understanding of website UI, UX, and accessibility best practices
- Experience targeting front-end code to a webCMS
- Understanding of .NET & ASP.NET, with at least some Web Forms experience
- Understanding of T-SQL and SQL Server; comfortable querying SQL databases
- Comfortable writing C# code
- Able to comfortably write a data-driven web app front to back
- Experience working with distributed version control systems, like Git or Mercurial
- Experience working with PowerShell
- Able to write clean, modular, testable code
- Ability to work with legacy technologies, like jQuery, IE, VBScript, and Classic ASP, if/as needed
- Friendly and easy to work with
- Intelligent and able to provide creative technical solutions
- Take pride in the work you do
- Keen attention to detail
- Self-motivated to provide excellent work
- Genuine desire to provide customers with the best user experience
- Believe that client/user feedback is a valuable window into how end users interact with our products and an opportunity to further improve our products
- Equally comfortable working independently (with just a project manager) and collaboratively as part of a small design and development team
- Able to shift priorities quickly, if/as needed
Benefits of working at Atomic Crayon:
- Flexible schedule and vacation
- Friendly, easy-to-get-along-with team
- Open dialog and knowledge-sharing is encouraged and promoted
- Casual dress
- 3 weeks holidays (to start)
- Extended health benefits
- Life and long-term disability insurance
- $55K – $65K salary
- Remote work with daily Zoom staff meetings
We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome people of diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
Please send your resume to: email@example.com