Here's where you'll find the latest career opportunities at Atomic Crayon. We are always looking for qualified individuals and encourage applications even if you don't see a position listed in your field.
Atomic Crayon is currently seeking the following outstanding individuals eager to join our team of talented web professionals. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Senior Web Application Developer
Atomic Crayon is an award-winning website design and development company in beautiful Victoria, BC. For more than 20 years, we have been dedicated to providing outstanding web products and customer service to small, medium, and large organizations throughout Western Canada.
We primarily serve municipal (and other government) organizations. The websites and web services we create represent an extremely important channel through which our clients interact with, and provide services to, their constituents. Our deliverables also play a significant role in how our client communities are represented and promoted. We take great pride in our role and responsibility providing this work.
Our team has an immediate opening for a full-time, permanent web application developer. You will work as part of a small team to maintain and improve our in-house web content management system, and configure that webCMS for custom client websites.
If this sounds perfect for you, if you have a strong attention to detail, and if you enjoy working as an integral part of a small team, then we want to hear from you!
IMPORTANT: applications written by AI and/or including unsubstantiated skill claims will be rejected without interview.
- Develop new core features and website modules for our proprietary in-house webCMS
- Configure our webCMS for client websites — each with a custom layout and design, and a unique list of included modules and features
- Troubleshoot issues raised by client users, PMs, and QA testers
- Write and maintain high-quality code via distributed version control system
- Write unit and integration test scripts
- Test, QA, and debug new development
- Track and communicate bugs, features, and dev progress
- Research and plan technology solutions for new product requirements to help inform scope details
- Anticipate real-world challenges not explicitly covered by the design and formulate code solutions to address those challenges proactively
- Estimate work required (and assess risks) for new features and projects
- Write/contribute to online user guides
- Minimum of 4 years practical web application development experience developing database-driven web applications
- Comfortable writing C# code
- Understanding of .NET & ASP.NET MVC
- Understanding of T-SQL and SQL Server, and comfortable querying SQL databases
- Able to comfortably write a data-driven web app front to back
- Experience working with distributed version control systems (e.g., Git or Mercurial)
- Able to write clean, modular, testable code
- Experience working with PowerShell
- Ability to work with legacy technologies, like ASP.NET Web Forms, jQuery, IE, VBScript, and Classic ASP, if/as needed
- Friendly and easy to work with
- Intelligent and able to provide creative technical solutions
- Take pride in the work you do
- Keen attention to detail
- Self-motivated to provide excellent work
- Genuine desire to provide customers with the best user experience
- Believe that client/user feedback is a valuable window into how end users interact with our products and an opportunity to further improve our products
- Equally comfortable working independently (with just a project manager) and collaboratively as part of a small design and development team
- Able to shift priorities quickly, if/as needed
- Happy to track time using an online service (for billing and reporting)
Benefits of working at Atomic Crayon:
- Flexible schedule and vacation
- Friendly, easy-to-get-along-with team
- Open dialogue and knowledge-sharing is encouraged and promoted
- 4 weeks holidays (to start)
- Extended health benefits
- Life and long-term disability insurance
- $70K – $80K salary
- Remote work with daily Zoom staff meetings
We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome people of diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
Please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org